An 11-year-old lost his life after participating in a new social media trend. Now, his parents are warning others about the everyday household item that took their son’s life. They need help to spread their message so no more lives are lost. ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ™ Rest in peace, little one. ๐Ÿ˜” Check Comments ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

Children do not always understand the repercussions of following trends they discover online, not knowing that sometimes they can actually be deadly.

This family is undergoing the most heartbreaking tragedy because of something that happened to their little boy. Now they are warning others. Keep reading to know moreโ€ฆ

An 11-year-old boy is being mourned by his family after passing away in connection with a terribly dangerous trend on social media. Now, the family wants to warn others and urgeย parentsย to talk to their children so that no one else falls victim to the same thing.

A worrying trend among young people on TikTok led to the death of 11-year-old Tommie-Lee Billington from Lancaster, England.

This comes after two teenage girls also lost their lives when participating in the same โ€œchallengeโ€ on the app, reportsย The Sun.

Shutterstock

It all started when 11-year-old Tommie was at a friendโ€™s house for a sleepover on Saturday. The boys then โ€œhuffedโ€ after seeing a challenge on the TikTok app.

This involves inhaling dangerous gases or solvents that cause a high. Examples include dry shampoo, spray deodorant, and glue.

After Tommie and his friend decided to participate in the trend onย TikTok, the boyโ€™s heart stopped immediately. According to medical staff, he died instantly. Now, the family is mourning the tragic passing of the 11-year-old.

Shutterstock

His mother, Sherry, has urged other parents to talk to their children and stop their children from using TikTok. She took her plea to Facebook,ย writing, โ€œThis cost my son his life from trying something other kids are doing. Please talk to your children about the consequences of this. It is beyond me why anyone would even try this! Itโ€™s so dangerous!โ€

โ€œI have never felt pain like this. My whirlwind. I just love you so much mate. My baby boy. You will forever be in my heart. I will make sure to the best of my ability that your name and your beautiful face will become the reason that other childrenโ€™s lives will be saved and other families donโ€™t have to suffer this deep, deep hurt,โ€ she writes on her Facebook page.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *